How To Detect Water Damage in your home
- Cabinets- signs of rot, delamination, the finish is bubbling.
- Ceiling- discoloration, sagging,bubbling, or peeling paint.
- Floors- discolored grout, stains/watermarks, loose tile.
- Wood Floors- cupping, the boards are dipped in the center and crowning.
- Smell- old, mildew type of smell.
Knowing if you have water damage or not can be difficult to detect because sometimes you would not notice it until it is too late. The five ways mentioned above are great ways to keep an eye out in case if you spot any of these issues. More common examples of water damage in your home could be a recent sink overflow a water leak behind or underneath your sink, toilet line break, ice maker break in your fridge, or dishwasher. If you suspect any of these issues call SERVPRO right away so we can inspect with our thermal cameras for free.