Candle Fire Safety
FACT: one-third of homes catch on fire due to candles
IF YOU DO BURN CANDLES, here are a few helpful tips.....
- Use candle holders that are sturdy and will not tip over
- light candles away from you hair or anything that can easily ignite.
- Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home
- Use flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage, never use candles.
- Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed. Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.
- Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can burn.
- Never leave candles unattended.